Selling domain names is another way to earn money
If you are aware of the best practices, (re) selling domain names can earn you a considerable amount of money.
There are some factors that you need to consider for this.
First of all, you must be able to speculate what names would sell the most and generate most demand.
Let us look at all the points one should consider when looking to selling domain names to make some good money out of this business.
How To Choose The Best Selling Domain Names
A small domain name is much more desirable than a large and complicated domain name.
It is easier to type and remember for the surfer. Because of this, small domain names are very effective for advertising through word of mouth.
Once you have a domain name, try to get it a good ranking with search engine optimization.
This greatly increases the value of the domain name. It can be achieved by good advertising and following the other methods of search engine optimization.
Any business that purchases it will have a good ranking and hence get more visitors to their website with the domain name.
Selling Domain Names
Now that you have a good domain name that will get you a good price, how do you go for selling it?
It is very simple. Try to go for the various forums, blogs and auctioneering websites and post the domain name and the price you are looking to sell it for.
This generally gets a lot of people and businesses getting back to you provided your domain name is good enough.
The best thing to do is to wait for some time before actually selling off the domain name.
In the mean time you can check the price of similar domain names and how they are selling.
When you feel that the prices being offered are good enough, advertise about the domain name and sell it off at the best price obtained.
In this way you can make very good money by selling domain names.
Even when you have the domain name parked and are waiting for the best price, you can use it in various ways to generate money.
Affiliate marketing, pay-per-click programs, etc are some of the ways for you to go for it.
The domain names selling business is a great money maker requiring very little effort from you.
If you are a bit careful and go for this business intelligently, you can make a lot of money with the minimum effort applied.
5 More Tips on Selling Domain Names for Max Profit
1. selling domain names that have selling potential. If there is no market for your type of domain name then you simply won’t make sales. Do the keyword research. You may want to check your domain’s keywords against Google search data using the AdWords keyword tool.
2. Invest some time in marketing and promoting your own domains. With the explosion of social media, there is no excuse not to dive in and start spreading the good word about the value of domain names.
Domain owners are currently tapping into the huge audience of users on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin. More consumers, business owners and potential domain buyers can be found on these networks than all of the major domain name marketplaces combined.
3. List your domains for sale on free marketplaces and forums. This is a great way to get free exposure to your domain sales. Be sure to price your domains very reasonably to get sales. Be cautioned as a large part of the buyers here will be domain resellers, but really, who do you think is hanging out at Sedo.com and other big marketplaces? Resellers also.
4. Set up your own web presence to display your domains for sale. A unique domain portfolio website is a valuable asset to any domain investor. Your domain portfolio website should be professional, user friendly and informative. You can send customers new and old to browse your inventory here, include a link to your site in your email signature, set up RSS feeds and alerts for customers, accept payments directly on site and more.
5. Go after the end users. Depending on the quality and reach of a given domain name this can be either an easy or difficult task. Your first step is to simply research websites of the same category as your keywords. See what the industry or niche is up to and what businesses and individuals are appearing on the top search results pages for the exact and similar keywords. You may even want to do a Google blog search for fresh results. Contact anyone you feel would benefit from owning your domain.
To buy a Domain name we recommend Namecheap and Godaddy
To host your domains we recommend Hostgator and Namecheap
(We offer a discount for Hostgator use the coupon code: thedutchmarketer)
Selling domain names by the Dutch Marketer
Tags: domain names auction, Forum Marketing, internet marketing, internet marketing advice, internet marketing expert, internet marketing strategies, internet marketing strategy, internet marketing tips, internet marketing tools, Offline Consulting, Online Biz, Online Biz Fundamentals, Online Biz Tips, sell domain names, selling domain names, Selling Domains, seo, Social Media, Social Media For Biz